First the general update, then the photosAs of this writing...
- Tesla is 3 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days old.
- She weighs a little over 17lbs, which is about double her birth weight.
- She goes to bed at 7pm and generally wakes around 7am, with 1-2 wakings in the night for 20min feedings.
- After struggling with daytime naps, a coworker told us that she had success getting her kids down a scant hour after waking in the morning. It's worked pretty well for the last week!
- We got a white-noise maker after finding that she would sometimes wake up from naps if she heard our voices downstairs (even through closed doors!). What I like about WNMs is that the most popular design is still the same as it's been since the 70s: a frustum of a cone with perforated, nested, industrial beige powder-coated steel whoosies that turn to vary the pitch of the WN (no, can't be the pitch, because WN has got to be all over the spectrum, pitch-wise, right? The apparent pitch? The range of pitches?). I feel like the first one I ever saw was in Trudi's office in her apartment. If not, perhaps it was in Pearl-Ellen Gordon's office?
- It's 53°F in Sedona at 11pm. The heat doesn't get turned on at the VVS campus until after Field Trips. Luckily, while Jeremy is off in Los Angeles with unruly teens, Sue will be here to keep Bridget and Tesla warm. If anyone can talk Graham into turning the heat on early, it's Hurricane Sue!
- Speaking of hurricanes, Sandy is still rated a hurricane. Our thoughts are with everyone on the East Coast. Stay good and hunkered until it blows over, kay?
- In other news, Amanda (and her friend Sarah) will be driving to Arizona for Thanksgiving! We're looking forward to a restful week to recharge before the students return, and we're excited to introduce Tesla to her Aunt Amanda.
- Aunt Amanda!
- We think Tesla might be teething, as she's drooling like crazy and gnawing on her fingers to the point that sometimes her entire hand seems to disappear into her mouth. We live in fear of the day she yanks out her liver and drops it casually to the floor.
- We'd like to thank everyone who gave us all the baby stuff that we rely on every day. We would have a naked baby without you. Thank you so, so much.