Tesla Ogden Broomfield
July 11, 2012
123 Medical Center Drive
Brunswick, ME 04011
Sorry for the delay in the information! The hospital's wi-fi service is terrible, so I'm out at Starbucks for this quick update. Meanwhile, our camera is just terrible, so a lot of the pictures we got were blurry, too dark, or washed out. But here's a quick set of photos until we can ge the better ones off Deirdre's camera.
|Before it got really hectic, this was Bridget's belly|
|Tesla Ogden Broomfield|
|Our precocious baby feeding almost immediately after entering the world|
Okay, a quick timeline!
Tuesday July 10
- 9pm — Bridget begins to feel frequent bouts of what feel like menstrual cramps. We eat some chicken and corn.
- 11pm — Bridget heads to bed, thinking she'd better rest while she can.
- 1:30am — Bridget moves to the couch, not wanting her inability to fall asleep to keep Jeremy awake (very considerate!)
- 3am — Bridget starts sleeping intermittently
- 7am — "I guess this is probably labor, huh?"
- 8am — Bridget takes a bath.
- 11am — Previously scheduled ultrasound at the hospital. Everything pretty okay.
- 12pm — Upstairs to Midwifery Suite. Natalie Rockwell looks at the results, agrees that all is pretty okay, and examines Bridget for progress. HOLY CRAP she's dilated 6cm and the cervix is "paper-thin"! Let's admit you right now to the Maternity Ward! We call Bridget's sister Deirdre (Brunswick resident, M.D. with baby-delivering experience, and all-around awesome human being to have in the room!) and tell her to head over.
- 1pm — As Bridget is admitted, Jeremy rushes back to house to feed Sonmi-451 and cancel her appointment with the veterinarian (lucky dog); grabs all the stuff we'll need at the hospital.
- 2pm-7pm — Bridget's contractions get stronger and more frequent, she breathes through it all. She starts to feel her first urge to push.
- 8:00pm — We head to the birthing tub. Lots of amazing support from an amazing staff headed by midwife Angela Ripley. Lots of pushing and breathing.
- 9:36pm — Baby arrives! Then other stuff happened, none of it worth putting into this quick timeline. Pam and Mike Benning arrive after heroically driving up from NYC to watch the house and the dog while we're in the hospital. Lots of calls made to family. Eventually, sleep.